GET TESTED is a campaign by the Swiss AIDS Federation. It is aimed at people from within the migrant population in Switzerland and will offer them a free HIV test with extensive counselling in November 2020.
The aims of the GET TESTED campaign are, to:
- Raise awareness within the target group and provide information about HIV and AIDS.
- Encourage open discussions about HIV.
- Share the benefits of knowing one's HIV status.
- Explain how the risk of HIV transmission can be reduced.
- Provide information about how HIV treatment works and its effectiveness.
- Overcome prejudice and the fear of discrimination based on HIV status.
The campaign is aimed at people who were either born in a country with a high prevalence or who have spent most of their time in such a country. These regions essentially comprise the Caribbean, sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia and Eastern Europe. The campaign also seeks to target asylum seekers and illegal immigrants.
Further information about GET TESTED: gettested.ch